Weymouth English Centre is a friendly, family-run school which was established in 2002. It is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK.
Our courses are for young people aged between 13 and 17 and, as well as the 15 hours of English tuition per week, include a full programme of sports and leisure activities in the afternoons and evenings and a full day trip on Saturdays.
Optional extras include sailing, outdoor adventure and windsurfing.
We are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
We are looking for a qualified Director of Studies and EFL teachers for our summer season in Weymouth from 30th June to 10th August.
The Director of Studies’ duties will include:
– supporting and helping a team of teachers
– observing lessons and giving appraisals and constructive feedback
– teacher development by means of regular workshops
– organising the testing, interviewing and placement of students on the first day of their course
Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
– we follow up references in detail
– we will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV
– we have to ask for proof of identity (along with your qualifications)
– we will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18
– a clean certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
– all staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s
– any candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK