Private language academy located in Palma del Rio, Spain is seeking a two full-time Native-level English Teachers to join our team starting in September 2022. The successful candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic. Flexibility in schedule and ability to teach all ages and levels required.
We are a young, modern and well-equipped academy, currently undergoing exciting developments. This is an excellent opportunity for teachers looking to work as part of a dynamic team in a friendly work environment with ongoing support.
The academy is an official Cambridge English Preparation Centre and an official Aptis Exam Preparation Centre.
We are centrally located in a friendly town of 21,000 inhabitants and easy to access on foot. Palma del Río is less than 45 minutes from Córdoba and Seville and well-connected to the cities via trains and buses.
• EU citizenship, TIE or valid visa to work in Spain (applications without this requirement being covered will not be consider)
• Must have a university degree in Education, English, Foreign Languages or Linguistics
• CELTA teaching certificate or equivalent
• Native English speaker level (a working knowledge of Spanish an advantage)
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience, preparing Cambridge exams as well as teaching teens and young learners
• A willingness to develop professionally
• Two recent references from previous posts are required, including at least one from a teaching post.
• ICPC certificate if applicant has lived in the UK, and clear CRB check
• Groups of 10 students maximum and 4 minimum, strictly classified according to age and level
• Courses for kids, teens and adults, from A1 to C2
• Courses taught: General English, most aiming at Cambridge Examinations
• Classroom materials and resource library for teachers
• Teacher support in lesson planning and classroom management
• Teacher support in Cambridge exam preparation
• Objectives clearly set at the beginning of each term
• Each teacher their own air-conditioned classroom
• 25 teaching hours in a 34-hour contract (Monday to Friday with the possibility of a few hours of private morning classes)
• Extra 9 hours allocated in the mornings for lesson planning and correcting
• Paid Christmas, Easter, local and national holidays
• A nine-month renewable contract from September 13th 2022 to June 2023
• Training period will be between 6th and 10th of September
• Possibility of contract extension through summer
• Social security and health coverage
• Flat for rent available (a modern one-bedroom, less than 5 minutes from the academy on foot, for approximately 330€/month)
TEFLwork recommends ELTcampus Online Teaching English to Young Learners Course