ILA Vietnam is urgently seeking qualified English Teachers for multiple positions across our network of ILA language schools and public schools’ contracts throughout Vietnam.
New positions available every month teaching all age ranges (i.e. Young Learners, Teens and Adults)
About ILA Vietnam
ILA Vietnam is a well-established organisation and is one of the largest English training centre networks in Vietnam.
We currently employ over 580 teachers and teach over 40,000 students throughout the year.
We have students of all ages.
We put a strong emphasis on academic quality and take the lead in providing our students with a great service and modern facilities.
As a qualified English language teacher working for ILA, you have the flexibility of teaching at our 37 centres across the country or government schools in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We are currently recruiting for all centres to start immediately! 40 positions (approx.) available to start every month.
There are positions available full time (20 hours of teaching per week) or part time (15 hours of teaching per week).
EFL teachers will have a mixture of young learners, teens and adult classes to teach every week.
Teaching during Saturdays and Sundays will be required.
You will work 5 days a week and have 2 non-consecutive days off every week.
Salary & Benefit Package:
ILA Vietnam offers a competitive hourly rate to teachers, which is based on qualifications and experience.
- Full time and part time contracts (20 or 15 hours of teaching per week)
- Accommodation provided for overseas hires during the first 10 nights upon arrival. We will also help you with information for you to find your long-term accommodation arrangement. N.B. If you work at certain ILA school locations in small and more rural towns, there is some allowances for accommodation during your first 6 months of work.
- Young Learners ILA Vietnam training course (during the 10 first days upon arrival). Teachers are paid during the time of this compulsory for all new staff members course (USD500 approx. pay for the period of the course)
- Airport pick-up (for overseas hires)
- Contract completion bonus (1 year from full time start date)
- Contract re-signing bonus and severance pay (contract completion bonus) for full time and part time contracts
- 1 year contract (minimum)
- Visa & Work Permit arranged and covered for Full-time contracts (arranged for part-time contracts)
- Health insurance included for Full-time contracts (arranged for part-time contracts)
- Health checks as part of Work permit process arranged and covered for all staff
- Holiday bonus after 6 months
- For those who require it, reimbursement for legalisation of documents of up to USD150
ILA Vietnam has 5 pay scales base on your TEFL certification and teaching experience. Proven English teaching experience prior gaining your TEFL qualification is also taken into account when calculating your pay scale.
Pay starts at 400,000 VND per hour gross/taxable and it will go to 520,000 VND per hour gross/taxable.
We are currently offering a sign-on bonus for all teachers who can start in September.
Pay review is normally after 1 year of work for ILA Vietnam however at times we will get approval for earlier review base on teaching experience etc. We do have additional supplements that will increase the total pay (we will provide more details about this when the job offer is made)
Job entry requirements:
For applications to be considered, teachers will need the following:
- A university degree – this must be a bachelor’s degree (in any field) or higher (3 years or higher)
- To be a native English speaker or demonstrate native level mastery of English.
- A qualification in English Language Teaching: CELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent (minimum 120 hours face to face in class including a minimum of 4 hours observed teaching with real students and with course tutor feedback. All programmes must be externally assessed by an accredited organisation to be considered as a valid alternative to CELTA or Trinity TESOL).
- Due to local regulations, all applicants must also hold or be willing to provide a clean criminal background check.
We also require certain Personal Attributes:
- A growth mind set, i.e. open to change, learning and development.
- Open-mindedness, i.e. culturally sensitive and tolerant, willing to try new things and meet new people.
- Strong work ethic, conscientious and accountable.
Documents required with your application*:
- a scan/picture of your university degree and TEFL certificate (e.g. CELTA, Trinity TESOL)
- a copy of your CV/resume and cover letter
Important NOTE: Later on, during the application process you will be required to provide a clean Police clearance certificate, as well as a scanned copy of your current passport. Moreover, originals or official copies of your university degree and your TEFL Certificate will be also required upon arrival.
*All overseas teachers will need to get their documents legalized before they arrive in Vietnam. There will be times where we would allow teachers to bring their original documents to get it done here in Vietnam but it’s getting a bit difficult as some countries such as UK or South Africa are not currently offering the notarial services in Vietnam.