Director of Studies – Established language school in Malta
MALTA is a world-wide popular English language learning destination with NSTS-English Language Institute contributing towards, and benefitting from, this popularity while adapting to emerging trends.
We seek to engage a highly motivated forward looking, and quality conscious, person with a sense of ownership towards the position, to fill the key role of DIRECTOR OF STUDIES of English education programmes. The incumbent will take charge of strategic and academic development and planning, as well as the day-to-day management of teaching staff, students, and programmes.
About the company
NSTS MALTA knows its origins at the University of Malta and today is a public Foundation endowed by the same educational character, teaching English as a foreign language and providing other education programmes to students of all ages.
English is employed as the medium to promote a holistic education, intercultural relations and international understanding with NSTS drawing from Malta’s unique cultural and fascinating heritage and economic development.
NSTS MALTA – ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE, the innovator of the English Language sector in Malta, invites highly motivated, suitably qualified ELT professionals to fill the post of Director of Studies for its education mission.
The Director of Studies plays a key role in the strategic development and full management of the Institute’s English language courses, teacher training and study abroad programmes.
Qualifications and experience required:
- DELTA, or post-graduate degree in Education, or Applied Linguistics or Linguisticsith specialisation in ELT, or if an equivalent level 7 qualification (e.g. MA TESOL, Trinity Dip. TESOL),
or alternatively, a first degree in English at level 6 and an international certificate at level 5 in ELT such as CELTA.
- Extensive ELT teaching experience (5+years) in a wide range of contexts including Teacher Training, together with leadership and management competencies of at least 2 years standing.
- A recent certificate of clean conduct (e.g. Police clearance certificate) will be required later on down the process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will:
- Lead and work with a sense of ownership to ensure excellent service delivery to the highest standards and the introduction of new initiatives to expand upon and improve the existing programme offers.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills at diverse, busy operational levels, including effective planning and management of syllabus design, accreditation, people, resources, finances.
- Have recent certificate of clean conduct (e.g. DBS clearance certificate, etc.)
- definite long term
- starting as soon as possible
- based in Malta
- competitive negotiable salary and benefits commensurate with essentials and experience.
Please apply through your TEFLwork account making sure that you have an up-to-date copy of your CV and a covering letter within your TEFLwork profile.