We are a 6-branch language school chain with Centres in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Colchester, Portsmouth & Southampton.
ILC Birmingham is looking for energetic and knowledgeable EFL teachers to join their teaching pool for spring/summer work and beyond.
ILC Birmingham is one of 6 ILC colleges running English language courses in various locations in the UK.
We are currently recruiting EFL Teachers to run daytime and/or evening courses teaching students aged 16 and over.
You need to be:
- eligible to work in the UK and over 21 years old.
- available for an immediate start.
- Residing within the region, max. 1 hour commute from the centre.
- able to work between the hours of 09:00am – 15:00pm Monday to Friday or 18:00pm – 20.30pm Monday and Wednesday or both. Please specify when applying your availability.
- have a CELTA, DELTA, Trinity TESOL, or Trinity DipTESOL qualification or equivalent.
- have a first degree or equivalent.
- have at least 1 year of EFL teaching experience.
- be a confident, outgoing and sociable character.
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You should have:
- high levels of organisation and planning.
- experience of working with and encouraging students.
- experience teaching IELTS and/or Cambridge exams.
- the ability to use different strategies for effective classroom management and a commitment to student-centred learning.
- the ability to develop and adapt materials to suit students’ needs.
- prepare interesting, interactive lessons and adapt existing materials.
- deliver high quality lessons with the aim of achieving the objectives of the adult syllabus.
- undertake general teacher administrative tasks such as maintaining class registers, class records and student reports.
- attend Staff Meetings and Teacher Development sessions as required.
Job Types: Part-time or full-time
Salary: £17.25 to £20.70 per hour (depending on experience & qualifications)
Job Type: Zero hours contract