Idioma Internacional is a language institution celebrating over 20 years of providing quality instruction and communicative solutions to companies around the Central Valley.
If you’d like to be part of changing people’s lives through teaching ESL, at Idioma Internacional you can teach government-sponsored scholarship students, develop students’ English language skills, and provide a gateway for job opportunities in the Costa Rican economy. Be part of directly changing lives with our program!
The Position: Virtual ESL Trainer
The Students: Adult students sponsored with government scholarships in Costa Rica, corporate professionals, and technical high school students.
The Classes: All classes are held on our virtual platform, no travel required and teachers work remotely. There are also opportunities to join our in-country team and receive benefits such as work visas, bank account set up, and housing assistance.
- Native level English-speaker
- TEFL/ ESL/ CELTA Certificate or Degree
- Committed to fulfilling a six-month contract
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of Education (preferred)
- Technological competence
- Personal laptop with audio/ video, working headset and microphone
- 10 MBS of Internet or higher
- A minimum three or six-month, professional services contract
- $8-10 per hour for synchronous virtual instruction time with students
- Schedules within the ranges of Monday to Saturday, from 7am-9:30pm
- Company email address and digital access to all educational materials
- Mentor Program for initial personalized professional development support at no cost to trainers
- Bimonthly Professional Development Workshops at no cost to trainers
- One-hour monthly meeting with supervisors for quality control and student follow up
- Tier Teaching system with Additional income opportunities available in our Curriculum Department or BELT Language Evaluation Department