Ibn Haldun University’s (IHU) motto is Intellectual Independence. Instruction started in the 2017-2018 academic year with 215 undergraduates, (150 from Turkey and 65 from abroad.) Over 250 graduate students are also enrolled in various IHU departments, plus another 100 from more than forty countries who have already been pursuing their studies in the Department of Civilization Studies under the Alliance of Civilizations Institute.
Currently, more than a hundred academics are lecturing across eleven departments in six schools. They provide instruction highlighting comparative methods across all disciplines. Additional emphasis is placed on embracing both Eastern and Western learning and scholarship.
IHU promotes a policy of trilingualism. The languages in question are English, Modern Turkish, and Arabic. For most schools and departments, English is the principal language of instruction, requiring at least a C1-level of fluency. In addition, all our students shall be graduating with at least B2-level Modern Turkish and Arabic. The School of Languages also offers a large selection of elective courses in French, German, Russian, Spanish, Malay or Mandarin. Depending on their performance, students have the chance to receive further, IHU – supported language training in the UK, the US, or in Malaysia.
IHU also offers a special Honors Program, as well as diverse extracurricular or club activities in art, sports or travel, which are administered by the Health, Culture and Sports Department (SKS) under the General Secretary’s office.
Our ambition is to raise successive generations capable of inter-civilizational conversation, who can weave together the complex legacies of a competitive yet unified world.
Ibn Haldun University (IHU) welcomes applications from motivated and experienced English for Academic Purpose (EAP) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) instructors.
– Applicants must have at least an MA degree in order to be considered
– Applicants must have Cambridge University CELTA, DELTA certificate, or an internationally-recognized TEFL/TESOL certificate
-A relevant graduate degree and teaching experience at the university level would be a distinct advantage.
What can I expect as an EFL instructor coming to Ibn Haldun University?
• An induction program at the beginning of the year
• A high-quality University environment
• Opportunity to obtain an internationally-recognized teaching qualification (Cambridge English Language Assessment DELTA)
• Membership of a vibrant school community of international and local staff
• Opportunity to do research in second/foreign language learning
• Career-expanding opportunities in assessment, curriculum development, teacher training, or management
• A top-notch library and electronic resources to support learning and career development
- An attractive employment package, with a one or two-year renewable contract
- Residence permit, work visa, flight ticket and airport transfer
- Monthly lunch allowance (electronic cards)
- Private Health Insurance
1. Current Curriculum Vitae/Resumé
2. Cover letter
3. Contact information for two referees
4. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application