Gates Institution is an online academic English teaching company, aimed towards non-native English-speaking students from all over the world wanting to learn academic English, who have either lived abroad, are currently living abroad, are learning in an international school or preparing to go to an international or English-speaking school. That's why we are looking for quality teachers who have experience in similar environments, with the skill set to teach academic English to academically motivated students using our high-quality material, specializing in the areas of reading, writing, critical thinking and speaking fluency.
If you’re a professional English teacher or ex-teacher who has experience teaching in an international school, looking for a part-time or full-time job online where you can really put your skills to use and earn an extremely good living working at home, look no further.
· $23 per hour for FULL-TIME teachers (who give their availability for 12+ hours per week)
· $20 per hour for PART-TIME teachers (who give their availability 5 – 12 hours per week. This will change to $23 after being with us for 3 months)
· $1 for every lesson report. (Lessons predominantly last for 30 minutes, so part-time teachers earn up to $23 straight away and full-time teachers up to $25)
· A fixed schedule with regular students according to your availability, providing steady income and job security.
· All material needed for teaching.
· Technical and teaching support and training from our team.
· Opportunity for growth: Hourly rates can go up to $27 per hour for teachers with consistent exceptional teaching standards and reliability – whether full time or part time. We review your lessons regularly and within a year, $27 is gradually achievable providing the teacher is consistent.
· A minimum of 5 hours set availability from teachers.
· Experience teaching English (at least 2 years) in a professional school setting.
· A higher education certificate in English OR a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate.
· Teachers with a high level of English proficiency and a clear accent.
· A professional, quiet work space.
· Reliable computer (desktop or laptop) with reliable internet access.
· Headset and camera.
· Punctual and responsible work ethic.
· Positive attitude and passion for teaching.
· We operate Monday to Friday 5 – 10pm Beijing time. Saturday and Sunday 8am – 10pm Beijing time (you choose your availability within these hours).
· We pay monthly on the 1st – 3rd of every month.
· We accept candidates from all over the world, as long as you meet the requirements.
· Our students age range is 6 -16 years old but you will not teach beginner level English learners. All students will have mid – advanced level English abilities.
· Recruitment process takes 1 week if you’re eager to start.
· We use a platform called ‘Zoom’ which we will send you the download link for when your application is accepted.