Kaplan helps individuals achieve their educational and career goals. We build futures one success story at a time. Our core values of Integrity, Knowledge, Results, Support and Opportunity define our company culture and provide the framework for what we deliver to our customers and employees each day. We succeed when our students succeed. All Kaplan divisions, including Kaplan International Languages, share the same Mission and Values as our parent company, Kaplan, Inc.
“The Kaplan Difference”
• 80 years of excellence in education
• Recommended by 96% of students
• Schools in 8 countries across the world
• Over 40,000 students from 150 countries each year
About the Job:
Kaplan is currently looking for teachers with TEFLI status (i.e., CELTA-qualified or equivalent) to join their world class Kaplan Language schools to assist us in our mission of helping individuals achieve their educational and career goals.
Having the right to work in the United Kingdom is required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a team of experienced and collaborative teachers, where you will have access to pre-prepared lessons, including IWB slides and teachers’ notes that follow the student book.
As an English Language teacher, you would be instrumental in contributing to Kaplan’s vision. You will do this by delivering well planned, engaging and successful lessons to international students, ensuring they have the best experience with Kaplan.
Teachers will be appointed on an 8-week summer contract (July and August). Start dates will vary depending on location and needs and will be discussed at interview stage.
Positions are non-residential. Our language schools are based across the UK, with opportunities available in all locations:
- Edinburgh (centre of the New Town)
- Liverpool (central location)
- London (two different campuses, both centrally located)
- Manchester (northern quarter of the city centre)
N.B. There are also identical summer teaching roles with Kaplan available in Dublin, Ireland. You can see details of this and apply here.
This position reports to the Director of Studies.
- TEFLI Status – For example via a CELTA or equivalent
- The post holder will be required to have a DBS/Disclosure Scotland check
- Having the working rights to be able to work in the UK required
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays*
- Depending on experience, teachers will be paid up to £21.93 (includes teachers’ meetings and prep time). Weekly working hours can go up to 36 hours depending on needs
- Training available
- For high performing individuals who wish to build a career in international education the possibility of permanent opportunities could be available. Moreover, we offer DELTA sponsorship opportunities for permanent members of staff
- You will have the chance to lead paid social activities if you wish
- Big discounts on Kaplan courses for you and your family
- 24/7 confidential helpline providing counselling and other support services
- Company pension contributions
- Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity/Partner pay which is well above statutory levels
- Medicash Health Cash Plan
*Please note that the annual leave entitlement will be calculated on a pro rata basis if the role is part-time
To apply for this role, please sign up or log in to your TEFLwork account and apply submitting your CV along with a Cover Letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role.
Equal Opportunities statement
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
Disclaimer and revision date
This is a non-exhaustive list of the duties of the above role and the person specification of the job holder. The Company reserves the right to amend this document as the needs of the business require.
Revision date for this job description June 2023.