The concept is a simple one: We take a team of mother-tongue speakers (qualified EFL teachers) into schools overseas to teach English intensively for 5 or more days. The classes are small, usually no larger than 20, average 16, an ideal environment for communicative activities. The course provides a platform for students to activate their English in an exciting and reassuring environment.
The Aims of ENGLISH ALIVE
Again the aims are simple. Our main aim is to bring English alive. We build from the students' language base and provide the environment and opportunities for students to use the English they have already acquired. The emphasis is on improving linguistic confidence, language fluency and working on pronunciation/intonation skills.
It must be stressed that our ENGLISH ALIVE programme is complementary to the more formal year-round classroom work undertaken by students in their own schools. You as an English language teacher have built the foundations from which we can now work. We work in collaboration and not in isolation or in competition with you.
Vacancies for qualified Cambridge CELTA or Trinity TESOL English language teachers to teach French and Italian teenage students in Western France and Northern Italy.
This is to join already existing teachers who have worked on this project before. We have been running these programmes for 14 years and believe active, fun English is the best way for children to learn.
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic teachers who have a passion for education and enjoy immersing themselves into cultural experiences.
7th July (2 – 4 weeks) Western France on the island of Ile d’Oleron off La Rochelle:
Activities include surfing, mountain biking, swimming, beach sailing etc. The students are between 9 – 16 years old. This work involves a 5/6 day week with 3 hours per day lesson time with a maximum of 20 hours per week. The students are French and it takes place in a summer camp context. Involvement with after lesson activities is required, however, our teachers will not be required as organisers but as participants. The centre has specialised staff to run the after lesson activities.
2nd September (1 or 2 weeks) Northern Italy – in various locations:
Stay with host families and enjoy delicious Italian food. The students are between 11 – 17 years old. This work involves 5 day week working either 15,20 of 25 hour a week sessions.
- Must have CELTA or Trinity TESOL qualification
- Must be confident working with teenagers
- Native English level speaker
- EU passport (for work permit reasons)
- Return transportation from the UK airport to the venue. Transport to the UK airport is not included.
- Accommodation on site or nearby with 3 meals a day.
- Payment for working hours – 230 / 250 pounds a week depending on experience
- Medical Insurance – you are also expected to apply for your free EU insurance
- Full induction before departure and with many of the teaching materials provided.
- Support from an English Alive team leader who has done the project before