IH Santiago de Compostela - El Centro Britanico is a well-established and prestigious English language academy located in Santiago de Compostela, a beautiful part of Galicia, Spain.
We started teaching English in 1979 in the centre of Santiago, and later expanded to the nearby suburbs of Milladoiro and Bertamiráns. The team of about 35 teachers and staff deliver teacher training, language classes, exams, and summer camps.
With academic experience built up over forty years, and a dedication to introducing innovative pedagogical techniques, we are proud that our teachers create such good rapport with all their students and enjoy a very positive learning environment.
IH Santiago de Compostela- El Centro Britanico is an established and well-known language school, based in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate teachers to join our project consolidating over 40 years of language teaching in Spain.
Experience of working with very young learners is essential.
We offer a supportive teaching environment with a strong focus on teacher development, which includes formal and informal observations and regular in-house CPD training sessions. Participation in our weekly team meetings is vital and we value commitment towards your own professional development.
Requirements – The ideal candidate has:
- The ability to inspire, manage and motivate students
- An understanding of students as clients
- The desire to learn and improve as part of an ongoing process
- The ability to work well in a team
- A proactive, positive attitude
- A liking for people and an ability to communicate effectively
- Good administrative and IT skills
- A mother tongue level command of the English language
- At least one year of experience in teaching English
- Experience working with young learners
- A university degree
- A CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL, grade B or higher
If you are considering this work opportunity see TEFLwork recommendations below:
- Teaching English to Young Learners, get prepared with ELTcampus courses