EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
EF Miami is currently looking for teachers with experience in hospitality, tourism and/or business to join our team. This position is part-time but qualified teachers will also be considered to continue with us year round based on student enrolment.
As an EF Teacher, you will be responsible for teaching English language courses focusing on business English, and/or the tourism and or hospitality industries to our international students. The curriculum is a blended learning program using communicative techniques combined with interactive technology.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled contact hours as requested by the academic office
- Provide high quality classes using our efekta blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner.
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including a comprehensive syllabus for special interest classes, handouts, quizzes, tests and assignments as needed for each course.
- Assist in the mentoring of new teachers including sharing resources and best practice idea sharing
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Be involved in the development and running of extra-curricular activities and school activities, as requested by the academic office or the School Director – this may include students and faculty orientations, testing (proctoring, (oral) testing, correcting), Academic Year graduation ceremonies.
- University degree or equivalent
- A background in business, hospitality or tourism (work experience or degree)
- Native or proficient level English
- Highly motivated, proactive and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to large volumes of students on a daily basis
TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent)