Careers at EF | Open the world with us
EF Education First’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organisation, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In the UK and Ireland, our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
Summer EFL Teacher – Roles across the UK
Spend your summer teaching English with EF Education First
London, Oxford, Cambridge, Manchester, York, Rookesbury, Eastbourne, Bournemouth and Torquay.
Why you will enjoy life at EF
- Continuous professional development for all staff
- Work in a truly international environment
- Regular social events
- Ambition is nurtured and fast-tracked career enhancement opportunities are provided
- Staff are encouraged to innovate, take ownership of their ideas and bring them to fruition
- Global career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- External trainings on safeguarding and mental health first aid
- Subsided accommodation available if necessary
- Access to industry publications
- Wealth of teaching material to draw upon
We welcome applications from teachers who have a hunger to provide the best possible learning environment for their students. Starting this summer, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in the life of our international language students, whilst having the possibility of building your long-term career. If you have a CELTA, DELTA or Trinity (or equivalent) we would love to hear from you!
- Deliver general English and special interest courses
- Plan classes and mark students’ work
- Participate in peer observation programmes
- Actively participate in CPD sessions
- Write student reports when required
- Keeping records of student attendance and attainment and entering them into the EF database
- Act as an ambassador for EF
- Bachelor’s degree
- CELTA qualified or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Sensitive to the needs of international students
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service
- Has strong administrative and organisational skills
- Right to work in UK
‘I worked with some amazing people at EF and made friends for life’
‘Diverse teaching team with mix of ages, cultures and interests’
‘Lots of support from management’
‘Materials provided so less prep time is needed’
‘Fantastic international students and good customer service’
‘You are encouraged to take on as many challenges as possible, which helps you progress as a teacher and professional’
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required.
Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES WHO ALREADY HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR WORK VISAS FOR THIS ROLE (do not apply if you don´t have the right to work in the UK)