Cork English College is a centre of excellence for English language teaching. We are committed to providing the highest quality teaching available, while still retaining an elusive and unique quality – the personal touch. Established in 1978 and located in the heart of Cork City., we are one of the oldest English language schools in Ireland. With over 40 years’ experience organising and developing study programmes for students from all over the world, CEC has a wealth of experience in meeting clients’ needs. CEC is recognised by ACELS, a service of QQI, for English Language Teaching (ELT) and we are full members of Quality English and EAQUALS. CEC was named best English Language school at the Irish Education Awards in 2019, 2020 and 2021.
CEC offers a full range of courses for adults ranging from General English to Business English and we specialise in exam preparation courses. CEC is an authorised examination centre for the following exams; University of Cambridge English Language Assessment examinations, IELTS, OET, TOEIC, TOLES and Trinity College of London exams.
CEC has also been arranging summer English language and sports camps for groups of teenagers for over 40 years with great success. These camps are run in residential suburbs of Cork city and include programme sch as English plus Multi-Activity, English plus Munster Rugby, English plus Fota Golf, English plus Football with Valencia CF and English plus Horse-riding.
"Excellence in Teaching English since 1978"
CEC – Cork English College is one of Ireland’s leading English Language Schools with over 40 years’ experience in the E.F.L. industry. In keeping pace with our growth, CEC now wish to hire a Director of Studies. CEC is recognised by ACELS, a service of QQI, for English Language Teaching (ELT) and we are full members of Quality English and EAQUALS. CEC is also an authorised IELTS, OET and Cambridge ESOL examination centre.
The Director of Studies plays a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Academic Department, managing staff and students, providing educational leadership, developing existing and new programmes, managing quality assurance and compliance within the academic department and working to ensure a high level of service delivery to students. This role requires a highly-motivated individual with a sense of ownership towards the position. Applicants must have excellent organisational skills and be efficient, flexible and able to work in a busy environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work as part of the Academic Team to ensure excellent service delivery of the highest standards.
• Participate in the day -to- day management and administration of the academic department.
• Work on new initiatives to improve and enhance existing programmes and services.
• Staff management – recruitment, induction and performance management.
• Provide ongoing direction, mentoring and support to the academic staff and participate in the delivery of the Teacher Development Programme.
• Coordinate the movements of students between levels, classes and courses and maintain the database accordingly.
• Participate in management meetings.
This list is not exhaustive as there may be other duties and responsibilities that form part of the role.
• Degree & DELTA or equivalent.
• Extensive teaching experience (5+ years) in a wide range of contexts including exam preparation.
• Previous work in academic monitoring, planning and administration.
• Previous experience with course and syllabus design.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills at an operational level including effective management of people, resources and finances.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
• Solutions focused approach to problem solving.
• Experience with Academic accreditation schemes and inspections (E.g. ACELS, EAQUALS, British Council/English UK).
• Applicants must hold permission to work in the EU.
• Experience in a school with a junior summer school operation.
• Teacher Training experience would be an advantage.
• Experience with Erasmus+ funding and courses.
• Experience in a rolling enrolment environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From €42,000.00 per year