Originally established in 1878, Berlitz changed the way languages were taught. Today, Berlitz is a global leader in language tuition with over 500 centres worldwide. As such, Berlitz offers the most comprehensive portfolio of programs available to develop a global-ready workforce and leadership prepared to succeed in today’s changing world. Berlitz Dublin was established in 1900 and continues this fine tradition.
The Assistant Director Of Studies (ADOS) supports the overall mission of ensuring that all academic activities within Berlitz Dublin and associated Berlitz companies and projects are carried out to the highest standards. As part of a team, the ADOS is responsible for ensuring that day-to-day teaching activities are operating effectively & efficiently. The role is to ensure that programmes are delivered to the best possible standards in line with all regulatory requirements and Berlitz standards.
· Overseeing Production of & monitoring of group & individual Course Programmes
· Co-ordinating all academic administration, assessment & placement of new students
· Ensuring all documentation meets ACELS and other accreditation body requirements;
· Conduct teacher observations, appraisals, monitoring & feedback alongside the ADOS
· Organise all Student Individual Learning Plans and student tutorials, alongside the DOS
· Organise all customer experience feedback as necessary, alongside the DOS
· Co-ordinate overall academic management
· Writing progress reports.
· Teacher training & induction of new teacher
· Conducting teaching workshops.
· Co-ordinate general teacher training needs
· Co-ordinate all teacher recruitment activities
· Recommending any changes to processes, materials or teaching personnel to Managing Director when required
· A teaching schedule as agreed with, and in accordance with organisational needs; as agreed with MD.
· Garda- Vetting Compliance management and reporting