BELL – Beyond English Language Learning specialises in creative, engaging and innovative English language Summer camps throughout Italy, and we want fun, enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join us as English tutors this Summer!
Our Summer camps facilitate and encourage learning through games, songs, creative activities such as arts & crafts and performance showcases.
A typical day at camp starts and ends with the students singing English songs together. The rest of the day is divided between the children working in small groups with their own personal tutor and taking part in big activities with the rest of the camp. The overall aim of the camps is to give children the motivation and the confidence to speak the language.
- Ability to lead songs, games and activities in a fun and engaging manner.
- Work with children in a creative, supportive and engaging learning environment.
- Act as a Tutor and Role Model for new and returning Bell Summer Camp students.
- Represent and promote Bell programmes, methods and values.
- Create and maintain positive relationships between Bell and the Camp Directors, host families, participating schools, tutors and students
- You must be eligible to work in the EU
- Fun, enthusiastic, high energy and self sufficient
- Flexible in teaching style with a willingness to learn new teaching methods
- Creativity and the ability to facilitate a variety of large group programmes (including sports, arts and crafts, theatre, games etc.)
- Genuine interest in (and preferably previous experience) working with children
- Open-minded, with an interest in learning about other cultures and societies
- Enjoy working both independently and as part of a team
Tutors must attend one 3-day training session based in Italy (arrival date: June 4th, June 11th, 20th August), and begin as a tutor at camp immediately following your training, for a minimum 2 week contract, i.e. tutors who attend training must be available until Saturday 22nd June.