Bandırma Onyedi Eylül University is a government university in Turkey and has around 12,000 students who study in various fields. The University plans to recruit native speakers of English and foreign language lecturers based on a standard contract.
The University offers English teaching courses at all levels. However, the new staff will be teaching the students who study English for one year before they move into their field studies. There are also English for occupational purposes.
For Native Speakers:
I) a Bachelor’s Degree
II) at least one of these certificates; TEFL, TESOL, DELTA, CELTA
III) adequate job skills and personality traits to teach university student
IV) 2 years of experience
I) a Master’s Degree in English Language Teaching
II) ability to teach one of these languages: French, Russian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese
III) at least 2 years experience with students over 18
The lecturers need to live and work in the town of Bandırma, in the western part of Turkey. Bandırma, with 150,000 population is a town in Balıkesir Province. Balıkesir Province is in the mid-western Turkey, having coastlines on both the Sea of Marmara and the Aegean.
The area is certainly safe and economically developed. You can travel to Istanbul, Izmir and Bursa easily, too.
– Maximum 24 hours of teaching per week (45 minutes a class)
– Duties include exam preparation, exam watching, Attending meeting, lesson preparation for your own teaching and other minoes isssues
1) Full-time renewable contract for at least a year
2) Full state health insurance
3) One-month or 3-weeks holiday after working for 12 months
4) Saturday and Sundays off
5) Monthly salary net around 6,400 TRY
Accommodation is not provided. The University has buses for commuting for all of the staff including foreigners.